With significant experience and skill ensuing from an extensive history in the stonemasonry industry, War Memorial Restoration Co offers a wide range of masonry services which can be tailored to suit the individual needs of client or project.
With an in-house team of project managers, designers, machinists and stonemasons, we have the ability to offer a wide range of services from small specialist requirements to large scale contracts.
War Memorial Restoration Co are practiced in carrying out masonry works using a wealth of traditional stonemasonry skills and materials.
Specialising in the conservation of traditional town war memorials, historic monuments, ecclesiastical building and listed properties, we take pride in prolonging the life and integrity of architectural heritage.
Some conservation methods employed by War Memorial Restoration Co are:
– Re-pointing using lime putty
– Application of lime wash
– Re-rendering using traditional lime mortars
– Stone matching
– Consolidation of existing masonry
– Re-lettering of memorials using materials and paints to match the original work
War Memorial Restoration Co boasts an impressive history of working on monuments and war memorials for nearly two hundred years.
We are hence able to use our expertise to advise on the extent of repairs which are required, as well as suggest the most suitable materials, treatment and method for restoration.
In addition to this consultancy service, our skilled stonemasons possess extensive experience in sourcing and crafting natural stone products to efficiently complete any restoration project.
Several on-site restoration services include:
– Defect and condition surveying
– Structural alterations and specialist repairs to external fabrics
– Re-pointing and mortar repair with re-constituted stone mixes or lime based mortars
– Piece-in repair on new stonework with carvings to match original details
– Facade repairs after cleaning
– Fixing of bespoke masonry replacements
War Memorial Restoration Co are experienced in the cleaning and restoration of traditional masonry, ecclesiastical buildings, monuments as well as historical and listed properties.
We are able to use our long-standing expertise to advise clients on the extent of requirements and most suitable methods for the cleaning of stone works.
Some of the masonry cleaning techniques we specialise in are:
– Water cleaning – utilising the use of nebulous sprays
– Steam pressure cleaning – utilising the Doff or Thermatech systems
– Wet abrasive cleaning – utilising the Torc or Jos system
– Poultice application for specific stain removals
– Paint removal
– Awarded the Rosette for Stonehealth Approved Contractors for use of The DOFF System.
War Memorial Restoration Co maintains an impressive design portfolio.
Accustomed to working closely with all industry stakeholders; Local Authorities, Heritage bodies, Architects, Planners and Contractors alike; we offer a wide range of in-house design services, such as:
– Detailed site surveys
– Pre-tender advice on all services relating to stonemasonry
– Stone matching and feasibility studies
– High-specification working drawings and templates
– Proposed-works designs intended for planning approvals
– Concept design and bespoke product design
– Research and project management
– Fixing of bespoke masonry replacements
Sourcing a variety of natural stone from both British and international quarries, War Memorial Restoration Co boasts an experienced in-house team of designers, machinists and stonemasons with the sophisticated skills to manufacture, design and install exact to your specifications.
With the capacity to accommodate large scale new memorial projects, we also take pride in smaller restoration requirements. Our memorial supply services encompass memorials and monuments of any scale or material and our project management team will scale to the client’s requirements from supply only of material to undertaking main contractor responsibilities.
Masonry works are carried out in both a traditional fashion as well as through use of our technologically advanced tools and stone manufacturing equipment. Our Cardiff workshops are complete with skilled craftsmen, optimal machinery and lifting gear. Used in conjunction with our water recycling plant, we are able to guarantee accurate, safe and efficient production of high quality stone products.
We select and source stone both nationally and internationally to meet the requirements of your project and we work with many different natural stones, including:
With a skilled and qualified team of stonemasons and project managers, Architectural Stone offers a superior masonry installation service.
As a company built on long-standing experience, working with both traditional and contemporary designs, we always taking pride in our work and offer only the finest quality product.
A number of services offered by our stonemasons and craftsmen include:
– Stone restoration and conservation of listed and historic buildings
– New builds – encompassing traditional and modern designs
– Interior installations including flooring, linings and features
– Private installations and restorations
– Structural and load bearing masonry
– Traditional stone ashlar cladding
– Random, coursed and dry stone walling
– Echelon slate walling
– Rain screen installation
285 Cowbridge Road West,
Cardiff, South Wales, CF5 5TD
Mon-Thurs: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Fri: 7.30am – 4.30pm